Welcome to the Topology research group at Oxford.
The Topology group is large and highly active in research. Strengths of the group include: Geometric group theory; 3-manifold topology and knot theory; K-theory; algebraic topology.
- Current topology advanced class: Factorization Homology -- Mondays 10am
- Some recent graduate lectures and reading groups:
- Past topics of the topology advanced class have been:
- Simplicial Homotopy Theory
- Topology of 4-Manifolds
- Functor Calculus
- Configuration spaces
- "Cobordism Theory: Old and New" (graduate lecture series)
- Surgery theory
- The Nilpotence Theorem in stable homotopy theory
- Elliptic cohomology
- Operads and the Deligne Conjecture
- Homotopy Type Theory Workshop, 7-10 November 2014
- Quantum Mathematics and Computation, 1-4 October 2013
- Higher Structure in Topology and Number Theory, 15-16 April 2013
- ASPECTS of Topology, 17-19 December 2012 - in honour of Graeme Segal's 70th birthday
- Memorial Meeting for Dan Quillen (1940-2011)
- French-British conference on "Geometry and Analysis on Graphs and Groups", 11-13 November 2010.
- British Topology Meeting, 6-8 September 2010.
- K-theory Day, Monday 9 November.
- Monday 19 October - Jim Simons and Dennis Sullivan visit and lectures.
- Monday, 5 October - visit and lecture by Jacob Lurie.
- K-theory Day, Wednesday, 24 June 2009.
- Kiyoshi Igusa lectures on graph homology, November 26-28.
- Moduli Space 2008, Bonn: Conference and Winter School
- Journal of Topology Launch meeting 19 - 21 March 2007