Members of the Mathematical Physics Group organize a number of regular seminar series. These mostly take place in Lecture Room L5 of the Andrew Wiles Building. Details of upcoming events may be found in the full listing of Mathematical Institute seminars.
- String Theory, Mondays 12pm.
- Amplitudes and Twistors, (occasional and in varying classrooms) Tuesdays 2.30pm.
- Relativity, Tuesdays 12pm on (roughly) even weeks, alternating with:
- Quantum Field Theory, Tuesdays 12pm on (roughly) odd weeks.
- String Theory Bag Lunch, Wednesdays 12pm.
Other seminar series that are regularly of interest to members of our group are:
- Elementary Particle Physics, Dennis Sciama Lecture Theatre, Tuesdays 2:15pm.
- Particle Theory Journal Club, Dalitz Institute, Thursdays 1pm.
- Particles and Fields, Dennis Sciama Lecture Theatre, Thursdays 4:15pm.
- Theoretical Physics Colloquium, Dennis Sciama Lecture Theatre, Fridays 2:15pm.
Future conferences (or sessions therein) organized by members of the group:
- None at present
Past conferences (or sessions therein) organized by members of the group:
- New geometric structures in scattering amplitudes, 22-25 September 2014.
- Twistors in geometry and physics, Penrose 80, 21-22 July 2011.
- The Painlevé equations and Monodromy Problems, September 4-29 2006, The Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge.
- Global Problems in Mathematical Relativity, August-December 2005, The Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge.
- Twistor-string theory, January 10-14th 2005, The Mathematical Institute, Oxford.